Here’s more from our guest blogger, Paige E. Butkus, Nourished to the Core, LLC – Holistic Nutritionist & Yoga Teacher, on how to stay healthy when dealing with stress.
Work on keeping a healthy gut flora.
In order to combat stress we need all of our defenses strong including our gut bacteria. The microscopic bacteria that live inside of our digestional tract help us with more than you may know. Scientists have labeled the stomach our “second brain” for a reason. As much as our mind influences our body, our gut influence our mind. When our healthy bacteria are out of whack:
- Our immune system is compromised.
- Our digestion is weakened.
- Our mental state and mood is negatively affected.
- Our energy levels are reduced.
- Our oral health is affected
- Our craving for unhealthy food increases.
- Women’s vaginal health is affected.